by Gabriela Tatar

Dienstag, 5. Juni 2007

I admit: I´m Marxist...of the Groucho fraction / Ich gebe zu: ich bin Marxist...von der Groucho Fraktion

A Night At The Opera, A Day At The Races- 2 albums bred by Queen in the 70s. Obviously Freddy Mercury had a soft spot for The Marx Brothers, who had produced 2 movies with the same titles sometime in the 1930s.

I have to admit, I was not as much a fan of the Marx Brothers during my childhood, as I am now.
Their twisted chaotic humor just hits you right between the eyes.
Groucho Marx was the brother, with the longest movie and TV presence, left us some quotes that still make me shiver…from laughter.


A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
A man's only as old as the woman he feels. Alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse. Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.

Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.
I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.
I have a mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.
I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it.
If I held you any closer I would be on the other side of you.
In Hollywood, brides keep the bouquets and throw away the groom.
Man does not control his own fate.
The women in his life do that for him.
Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
No man goes before his time - unless the boss leaves early.
Room service? Send up a larger room.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Wives are people who feel they don't dance enough.
And my all time favorite of Groucho Mary´s quotes is this:

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Eine Nacht in der Oper und Ein Tag beim Rennen- 2 Albums hervorgebracht von Queen in den 70-ern.
Offensichtlich hatte Freddy Mercury eine Schwäche für die Marx Brothers, die unter den selben Titeln in den 1930-ern 2 Filme produziert hatten.

Ich muss zugeben, dass ich als Kind nicht so ein großer Marx Brothers Fan war wie heute.
Ihr verdrehter, chaotischer Humor trifft einen genau zwischen die Augen.
Groucho Marx, der Bruder mit der längsten Film und TV Präsenz, hat uns einige Zitate hinterlassen, die mich erzittern lassen…vor lachen.

2 Kommentare:

BumbleVee hat gesagt…

Thanks for the laugh Gaby....love those comments by Groucho... had not heard most of them til I read this post.

I am copying them for future reference... LOL who knows when we could get a laugh or two by using one!

Gaby hat gesagt…

wee, glad you liked it! He must have been a wicked guy ;)
I´ll put more quotes in here from time to time, from other people as well; let´s see, if they are good.